1) Save the date: Sunday, Aug. 24 - 5:00 PM - St. Mary's Catholic Church Summer Banquet/Annual Meeting with board elections/Winter Registration (cost is $4/person - please note if you RSVP your family will be billed for the banquet even if you do not attend - RSVP here )
2) Click here to view Pella Swim Club's feedback form results
3) Please fill out a Time and Talent Survey - The General Assembly (also known as club membership) will be electing 3 board members this fall. If interested in serving the club in this way please contact any current board member or fill out a Time and Talent Survey.
4) Athlete Rep. & Board Nominations Form - If you have already expressed interest in serving on the board you do not need to fill out this form. The club encourages all athletes that have been with the club to run for athlete rep. nominations due Friday, Aug. 22.
5) Congrats to all our Post Season and Championship swimmers! Watch your local papers for highlights, multiple press releases have been submitted to Knoxville, Pella, Ottumwa and Newton newspapers. A huge thanks to Darci Hammer, Julie Purvis, Jennifer Prendergast, Rob Warner, Bryan Gaylor, Kurtis Webb & Kenney Nedder for helping our club meet the required service hours at the LC State meet past weekend.
6) The Sponsorship Drive is in full swing. If you haven't signed up for a business or delivered any letters please consider signing up for 2-3 businesses. This is our club's biggest fundraiser. Team uniforms and 100% of all championship meet fees where paid through the dollars raised last year. Those athlete families outside of Pellla are encouraged to share the letter with their local communities. In the past and already this year the club has received great support outside of Pella.
7) The Pella Post Office has once again changed our club address, it shall read: Pella Community Center
Pella Swim Club
712 Union St. (Suite 104)
Pella, IA 50219
We are hopeful this will be the last change and the club's permanent address.
8) Final summer statements will go out to each family over the next 7 days. Every family will receive a statement with all of the summer season's transactions. If your family has not brought your account current based on your July invoice you will be charged a late fee as of Aug. 4. All accounts were due July 20. The deadline was extended through the end of the month due to mail issues.
9) Winter programming information/registration will be available the week before the summer banquet on Aug. 24.
10) Photobucket pictures from the summer season have been made available to all club members. Most pictures are of Senior swimmers. Should you have pictures of the 12 & Under swimmers to share please firstname.lastname@example.org for the information to upload and share.
Thanks for a GREAT Summer!
Pella Swim Club, President