Annual Sponsorship Drive
Start Date: July 1
Estimated Completion Date: July 31
Over $3,500 was raised last year through generous donations from local businesses and grants received.
What was some of the money used for:
1) Team Uniforms – caps, t-shirts & coaches shirts ($837.62)
2) Championship meet entry fees (Including All-stars, Short Course State & Zones entry fees) (over $513 as of July 1)
Estimated Summer LC State fees: ($450)
What to do to participate:
1. By Tues., July 2 - Sign up for 6-12 businesses on Google docs – Yellow Column
a) If your family has participated in the past & collected money from a business then your family has been assigned those businesses again (please remove your name from the spreadsheet if you would rather not collect from a specific business) –
b) This is our club’s biggest fundraiser and all club athlete’s benefit though receiving team caps and shirts. It is our hope that all will participate. If your family forgets to sign up for businesses – your family will be randomly assigned approximately 6 businesses to deliver the letter to.
c) A hardcopy of the sign up will be at the CIA swim meet to sign up as well.
d) Deliver letters
2. By Thurs., July 11th – Have all letters delivered
a) Download the 2013 Sponsorship letter, print it and deliver it to the businesses your family has been assigned
b) Athletes are encouraged to make the connections with the businesses and wear their team shirts, preferably the one with the sponsors on the back.
c) Last year it took our athletes approximately an hour to deliver 12 letters.
d) Script to use if your athlete is nervous about approaching a business – included are facts about our club.
Note: some businesses will ask about the club and want more details, others will reach into their cash registers and hand you cash (please have an envelope ready to keep all donations in) while others will kindly let you know they do not participate in these types of fundraisers. Please make notes on the Google docs spreadsheet.
3. By Wed., July 24th - Follow up with the businesses you delivered the letters to, this is critical to collecting the sponsorship funds.
a) Plan to leave a self-addressed envelope addressed with the business:
Some will mail in their donations. Please use the address below:
Pella Swim Club, Att. M. Webb, 602 E. 8th Street, Pella, IA 50219
b) Each family will need to supply the postage and envelopes for their assigned businesses.
4. Wed., July 31 – Drop money collected & paperwork into lock box at pool and update totals collected on Google Docs.
Thanks to everyone dedicated to making
this project a success!
Many hands make for light work.