Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Parent Meeting

Minutes from Tuesday, March 8, 2011 @ The Community Center

Melissa Webb called the meeting to order at approximately 5:45 PM.  There were 9 parents present representing 7 families.  Melissa read the notes from the previous meeting.

Balance on hand in our team fund is $298.12.
Expenses submitted and approved.
$1.90 to submit 501c3 application
$80 pool rental
$149 Level II coaching Certification and reimbursement of travel expenses.

Officer reports:
*Rec. Liaison: 1. Lisa Lensing announced there will be a rec. board meeting in the next month - if we have any business that relates to both clubs we should bring it to her.  2. The Rec. board has agreed to pay the $70 expense for Jennie to attend the coaching clinic being held in Des Moines in April as well as travel expenses for Sat. and Sun.

Coaches report:
1. Jennie gave statistics from this past winter season and State
2. Officials training in Bettendorf, Iowa March 27 1-4:30PM. -
3. Summer practice schedule to be finalized once Rec. schedule is in place. Proposing Monday (Dryland practice) Thurday (Pool practice)


Old Business:
1. Official summer team meets to remain as proposed last month.
2. Looked over summer budget.  Summer dues will be $50/athlete.  With club dues remaining $30.
3. Fundraising: Melissa read report from Mr. Pickett for Pizza Ranch fundraiser - Jennie will look into a date that corresponds with activities in town.  She will also contact Party Time Rep. to put together individual fundraiser for spring - to be made available 1st weekend in April.  All funds raised through the individual fundraisers must go into family bank.  Money raised can not be refunded back to family if it is not used to pay individual club expenses. Pella Corp. employees and their spouses are encouraged to submit volunteer hours through Pella Rolscreen foundation to qualify for grant money.
4. 501c3 Application was sent Monday, March 7 after Wendy Sims of Schuring and Uitemarkt reviewed the information.  Once approval has been received we might want to contact KNIA to request a radio spot interview with Jennie on sports news.


New Business:
1. Jon Lensing was elected as the Athlete Representative in February.
2. Discussion was opened for a  date to begin keeping time records for our club - a vote was called -  4 votes for Dec. 13, 2010 and 1 vote for Feb. 12 - It was approved Dec. 13, 2010 and forward the club records would be documented and tracked. 
3. Discussion was opened for establishing a relay policy going forward - Jennie will draft something to be proposed and placed in the handbook at the next meeting
4. Melissa will contact Elaine or Tony from ISI to discuss qualifications required for hiring an assistant coach.  After our discussion it was decided we would need to put a 30 registrant cap on 12 and under summer registrants and a 30 registrant cap on 13 and up summer registrants.  The first 30 youth no matter the age would be guaranteed a spot.  After 30 registrants the Board would need to consider opening up a second set of practice sessions.  It was highly recommended all registrants be achieving BB time standards in at least one event as set forth by USA swimming until we are able to hire a second coach.  For youth that have aged up in the last 6 months please refer to time standards from previous age group.  See ISI website:
5. Parent orientation/information meeting for new and existing club members to be held Thursday, April 28 @ 7:00 PM - Melissa to check with Library to see if room is available.

Next Parent meeting Tuesday, April 5 @ 7:00 - Location to be decided.

Meeting adjourned at 7:15 PM.
Respectfully submitted by Melissa Webb